Monday, October 8, 2012

Collaboration in Benthic Monitoring

Hello all,  I'm working in Hampton Roads again this week and am delayed in getting back to you.  Aaron extended this idea/invitation yesterday after our Saturday outing.   Contact Aaron directly at "Aaron McCann" <aamccann@vt.edu> -  Jim


As you know, Morlai and I have decided to work together on Protocol #5.  I would not mind leading a group to perform a macroinvertebrate count at different sites.  I have done this with the National Park Service along the George Washington Memorial Parkway and at Prince William Forest Park.  This would be a good experience for me to share and enhance my knowledge of macroinvertebrate sampling.    

We could take advantage of this upcoming weekend, October 13-14 since there is no field trip and before the weather gets too cold.  The weekend of October 27-28 could be an alternative.  Morlai wants to do a site along Bull Run and I will be doing Lubber Run (south of  Ballston Pond).  Also, I would like to take you up on your offer to borrow some gear for this project.

Please forward this email to the rest of the class so I can coordinate with anyone else interested in Protocol #5.  A group of 3-4 would be best and we could potentially finish with the data collection in one day.  Those interested can contact me directly so we can choose a day to do this.  Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment